The Australian Bar Association draws upon the experience and knowledge from its members to effectively represent the profession and advance public debate on law reform and legal policy issues.
The Association’s committees are filled by invitation and comprised of members from the Association’s constituent bodies.
The role of the Committees is to:
- provide advice to the President, the Executive and the Council in relation to their areas of expertise;
- evaluate legislation on which the Association may comment;
- draft submissions to government and other interested parties on matters within their area of expertise as directed by the President, or CEO
- report current or anticipated developments which could affect the legal profession to the President
- contribute/draft articles on current issues within their areas of expertise for publication through the Association’s media.
The ABA's 2018 committees are:
Diversity & inclusion